Midnight Crew is Nigerian gospel music group which consisting of Mike Abdul, Patricia King, Odunayo Ojo and Olugbenga Oyebola, The Nigerian gospel group has written their name in the fabric of
the Nigerian music industry.
And even though they’ve been singing since
2001, it was the monster hit track ‘Igwe’ from their
second album that brought them to limelight, and since then, there has
been no turning back for the young Christian singers.
singing and music making group positioned for putting the praise of GOD
on the lips of all men. Founded on the 8th of November, 2001, the group
has four albums to its credit; FUSION, TUNGBA UNLIMITED, IGWE and KING
described as eclectic, robust and full of character, taking something
from every genre of music available to its four proprietors.The
proprietors of the group, PATRICIA UWAJE KING, GBENGA OYEBOLA, ODUNAYO
OJO and MIKE ABDUL have served in a number of choirs, amassing a wealth
of experience for the task ahead.
has enjoyed several enviable platforms alongside a number of gospel
music greats around the world; Lionel Peterson, Mary-Mary, Kirk
Franklin, Donnie McClurkin, Panam Percy Paul, Kurt Carr, Ron Kenoly, Bob
Fitts, Ebenezer Obey, Israel Houghton, Tye Tribbett, Sammie Okposo,
Fred Hammond and Don Moen.
is socially responsible, lending a helping hand to better their society.
The helpless children of Koma Hills are foremost in the heart of
Midnight Crew, helping to tell the world that these children still need
clothes, medical care and formal education.
- Music Group of The Year : City People Awards, 2009.
- Gospel Artiste of The Year : Nigerian Entertainment Awards(USA), 2009.
- Best Traditional Song : Nigerian Gospel Music Awards, 2009.
- Most Popular Song of The Year : Nigerian Gospel Music Awards, 2009.
- Album of The Year : Nigerian Gospel Music Awards, 2009.
- Best Non-UK based group: Africa Gospel Music Awards UK, 2010
- Best Non-UK song of the year : Africa Gospel Music Awards UK, 2010.
- Best Indigenous Gospel Song : Nigeria Gospel Music Awards, 2011.
- Gospel Group of the Year : Kingdom Africa Awards, 2011.
- Gospel Artiste of the Year : Kingdom Africa Awards, 2011.
They were actually eleven in number
when they started in 2011 but the quartet of Michael Abdul, Odunayo Ojo
Onasanya, Pat Uwaje King and Gbenga Oyebola, known simply as the
Midnight Crew have kept their wits about them for nothing else but for
the love of what they do and enjoy doing. In this revealing interview,
which they take turn to respond, they open up on their careers, their
dreams and why they have stuck together for that long. Excerpts: