Last Updated on September 8, 2018 by mybiohub
MyBioHub presents Bongekile Simelane who is also known as Babes Wodumo. Due to fans request, we decided to put together facts about her you may not know. There are so many things about this young talent that made her the African continent to take note of her. Read through with us and get all the facts about her, here we go;
1. You might ask who is she? She’s a South African Kwaito artist, model and dancer that was born on July 22, 1994 to a pastor although some other reports states that it was July 26th.
2. She’s also known as Babes Wodumo (meaning famous babes) and her song, Wololo, which features Big Nuz’s Mampintsha, is the fourth most played local song on South African radio.
3. In 2016 she got engaged to Big Nuz member Mampintsha.
4. Bongekile is the founder of West Ink Dance Academy that helps get kids off the street and gives them a career in dancing.
5. She’s very popular in Instagram having over 850,000 followers in her page.
6. The great dancer is signed to Mampintsha’s West Ink label.
7. Let’s take a look at some of her awards;
Nominated for 2017 16th Metro FM Music Awards for Best Dance Album Gqom Queen, Vol. 1
Nominated for 2017 16th Metro FM Music Awards for Best Female Artist Gqom Queen, Vol. 1
Nominated for 2017 16th Metro FM Music Awards for Best New Artist Gqom Queen, Vol. 1
Nominated for 2017 16th Metro FM Music Awards for Song of the Year Wololo
8. Mybiohub also found out that Simelane attends the Mount Zion Faith Mission in Lamontville in Durban, where her father is the bishop but hasn’t been active due to her schedules.
9. Let’s take a look more about her nickname, while growing up there was a group called The Babes and she had eyes like one of its members, which her father always referred to and said “Lo uw’Babes’ (this one is Babes).” The ‘Wodumo’ came because she used to do dancing, acting, soccer, athletics, and was good at them all.